EHT is a small pulsed-power company in the process of expanding our solid-state power systems into new research and commercial markets. EHT stands at the forefront of solid-state pulsed power and delivers new capabilities to our customers. Our engineers develop power systems for semiconductor processing, fusion energy science, additive manufacturing, water treatment, spacecraft propulsion, and other emerging plasma and pulsed power applications. We work closely with our customers to deliver power systems that enable them to expand the limits of their field.
We are searching for an entry-level research engineer to assist our team while conducting groundbreaking R&D in pulsed power systems and delivering custom and off-the-shelf power systems to commercial customers. A successful applicant should be detail-oriented with desire to learn about pulsed power and high voltage. In this role, you will collaborate with world-class scientists and engineers to build and test unique power systems and deliver them to our customers.
What does an Engineer do at EHT?
- Work with vendors to spec and procure components and machined parts
- Assemble power systems including circuit boards, mechanical structures, and thermal management systems
- Construct test-setups for validating and troubleshooting power systems and PCBs
- Collect testing data from power circuits using various test equipment and diagnostics
- Document testing data for integration into internal and external reports
- Deliver power systems to customers and assist with installation and support
Qualifications and Skills
- A bachelor level degree in electrical engineering, physics, or related field
- Experience with electronics diagnostics: multimeters, voltage & current probes, oscilloscopes
- Demonstrated ability to construct and troubleshoot simple circuits
- General experience building electromechanical systems
- General knowledge and experience with electricity and magnetism
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Preferred experience with design and reporting software (SPICE, CAD, Python, Word, Excel)
- Embedded and IoT software/hardware development experience a plus
- US citizenship required
Why Choose EHT?
EHT employees use applied science and engineering to develop solutions that matter to the world and our customers. Our power systems support scientists and engineers around the globe bringing new capabilities to the world.
The EHT fast-paced work environment provides opportunities for our employees to learn and grow while conducting research and delivering pulsed power solutions to our customers. Our employees often work on all aspects of a project, from the initial concept, through design, build, and test, to final delivery. This unique opportunity allows our employees to develop a wide range of skills and comes with a sense of project ownership and satisfaction upon delivery.
EHT strives to maintain a flexible work environment. We offer our employees flexible work hours and schedules and work to match our delivery schedule with the lives of our employees.