EHT is a small pulsed-power company in the process of expanding our solid-state power systems into new research and commercial markets. EHT stands at the forefront of solid-state pulsed power and delivers new capabilities to our customers. Our engineers develop power systems for semiconductor processing, fusion energy science, additive manufacturing, water treatment, spacecraft propulsion, and other emerging plasma and pulsed power applications. We work closely with our customers to deliver power systems that enable them to expand the limits of their field.
We need a research engineer to work with our senior research scientists to conduct groundbreaking R&D in pulsed power systems and develop custom power systems for commercial customers. A successful applicant should be creative, flexible, and detail-oriented with a desire to learn and expand the art-of-the-possible in solid-state pulsed power. In this role, you will collaborate with world-class scientists and engineers to design, build, and test unique power systems and deliver them to our customers.
What does a Research Engineer do at EHT?
- Analyze the needs of research program or customer-based specifications to help determine a system design and program plan
- Conduct system level design, including SPICE modeling and analytic calculations, to determine component requirements
- Lead printed circuit board (PCB) design including component selection, layout, and PCB review
- Guide other engineers and perform complex tests to validate and troubleshoot PCBs and pulsed-power systems
- Document system designs and test results for government reporting or internal use
- Deliver products to government or commercial customers and assist with installation and support
Qualification and Skills
- A bachelor level degree in electrical engineering, physics, or related field with 3+ years of experience (including senior-level projects and thesis work). Masters preferred.
- Experience with power electronics circuits utilizing IGBTs, SiC MOSFETs, and/or GaN HEMTs
- Proficient with data processing and reporting tools including Excel, Word, and Python
- Experience with circuit design software tools including SPICE (NI Multisim or similar) and PCB layout tools (KiCAD or similar)
- Experience with electronics diagnostics: multimeters, voltage & current probes, oscilloscopes
- Capable of independent research while working in a collaborative team environment
- Experience with high voltage/high current is a plus, but not required
- US citizenship required
Why Choose EHT?
EHT employees use applied science and engineering to develop solutions that matter to the world and our customers. Our power systems support scientists and engineers around the globe bringing new capabilities to the world.
The EHT fast-paced work environment provides opportunities for our employees to learn and grow while conducting research and delivering pulsed power solutions to our customers. Our employees often work on all aspects of a project, from the initial concept, through design, build, and test, to final delivery. This unique opportunity allows our employees to develop a wide range of skills and comes with a sense of project ownership and satisfaction upon delivery.
EHT strives to maintain a flexible work environment. We offer our employees flexible work hours and schedules and work to match our delivery schedule with the lives of our employees.