The EHT Puff Valve Driver allows users to rapidly and precisely control high-speed solenoid valves, like the Parker Series 9 and Series 99 miniature high-speed valves. The four channels can be independently gated by an industrial or research control system. A high voltage pulse rapidly actuates the valves and decays to a lower voltage that holds them open continuously until the gate signal is removed. Applications include calibrant gas control for mass spectrometers, laser spectroscopy, molecular beam, gas chromatography, gas process analysis, and plasma applications.
Click the Tabs Below for More Information
- Peak Output Voltage: 0 – 250 V
- Keep Alive Voltage: 18 V
- Max Repetition Frequency (250 V enabled): 12.5 Hz for one valve *
- Max Pulse Width: 18 V able to continue indefinitely
- Min Pulse Width: 300 µs for full actuation **
- HV Decay Time (250 V to 18 V): 880 µs
- Control: External fiber or BNC
- Input Power: 115-120 VAC 50-60 Hz
- Dimensions: 8.9 x 44.5 x 31.4 cm (3.5" x 17.5" x 12.4")
- Weight: 18 lbs.
- Mount: 2U Rack mountable
Note: The above specifications are for 28 V, 70 Ω, 1 mH, Parker puff valve assuming 250 V operation. Higher operation frequencies are possible at the expense of lowering the maximum charge voltage and decreasing the efficiency with which the valves open and close. Depending on the user’s specific puff valve, the full 250 V may not be needed.
* The maximum repetition frequency is halved for each additional valve driven simultaneously with the 250 V supply enabled (i.e., 12.5 Hz for one actuated valve, 6.25 Hz for two, 3.125 Hz for three, and 1.563 Hz for four). Unit can be customized with external DC power supply.
** Minimum pulse width specification is gathered from the Parker pulse valve datasheet.